Saturday, August 16, 2008

Swimming

So my son loves the water and we live in a community now with a community pool and we live in the heat of Arizona but it's sad to say that my son still does not know how to swim but I know that he really needs to. So I'm excited to say that today we signed him up for swimming lessons. They are a little on the expensive side and I wish I could just get him into a community class but it'll just be him and two other kids in the class and hey, he'll finally be learning how to swim!

We went into today for an evaluation to see what class he should be in. I knew that he would be in the very beginner class because he only swims with floaties but you have to go through the motions. So the guy that did the eval with Zach was really great with kids and Zach loved it! So I think he's really going to like this class.

It's funny how I expect that I will do things exactly like my parents until it finally just sets in that I can't. I think I was the only one of my sibs that had swim lessons. I learned how to swim when I was about 10 because Aly Beste's mom taught lessons at the Pinetop Country Club and I would always go with to swim but couldn't so she finally just taught me. So my son is four, I've put this off long enough. But you just wait, three months tops (per the website) and he's gonna be an old pro!! Yea!

4 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

Sounds like fun! Yes, because I never learned, I have put my kids in lessons. In ShowLow, they've gone to two sessions and they loved it! I will get them safe in water because I can't save them!! (Sorry, Yellowstone, although two states over was only two hours over!) miss you too!!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Great HEATHER, I am jealous he gets to go there. I wish they could do it together but we will have to find cheaper ones:). I thought I sent you the email with the website on it....my bad! I feel super bad about it, but I told Jan-baby about it and she is sooo interested. I think she should start one in the mountains, my parents even said they would go for sure! I hope you like it. Where is your pickup site at? Do you have an invite to my private blog too?

Tiffany said...

Smart girl, every kid should learn how to be safe in water, i wish my parents had taken the time. I'm working on my boys learning but lessons are so expensive. Good luck!

Jensen Family said...

That's great! Every kid needs to learn how to swim! My girls took lessons but didn't learn to swim from them. I ended up teaching them how!