Monday, August 4, 2008

A new Today (someday I'll come up with better titles)

Just got back from the family reunion (with the sibs and dad) last night. Funny story - my dad was supposed to fly in an hour and a half after me from Phx to SLC but ended up missing his flight. So he spent the night in a bathroom at the airport. He tried to talk me into checking it out on my return trip to Phx - to prove that it had a couch in it and could be a semi-comfortable place to sleep if you were as desperate as him.

So anyway, it was a good reunion. We got eaten alive by misquitos but had a lot of fun. And my second youngest brother Greg got his eagle. It was really great. I'm quite proud of him for that.

I had a strange thing happen today. I've been in my ward for about 4 weeks now. As far as I know, they haven't even read in my records. But I've already been asked to be a VT (which I've accepted) and I've already gone Visiting Teaching. I've also been visit taught (the former mayor of Gilbert is my VT) and today I got a phone call from someone I don't think I've met yet asking me to help with the lesson this Sunday. Of course I agreed but it's still quite suprising to me. Who are these people? This is not the normal mormom response I'm getting here. Maybe my leperous sores, my scarlet D, has finally faded enough that people are actually seeing me as a human. Hmm... odd. Well the lesson is on death. My first thought of course was about my mom. Then she explained further and said she wanted me to talk about death of little children. I haven't read the part of the lesson yet but then all I could think of was the baby I lost... wow it's been more than 5 1/2 years now since I lost him. We'll see if it comes up or if it applies or what will happen. Who knows!?!!?

Well goodnight. Gotta work in the morning and who knows what another day will bring!




Some pics:


Zach as the ring bearer at my cousin's wedding:




Me at my last day of work at UA, looking as brilliant as ever! (Er uh duh.?!?) :P

4 comments:

Jensen Family said...

You guys look great! I think that is the first time I have ever even seen a picture of your son, very Handsome!! Email me so I can get your email address! My email is extremejensen@msn.com

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Haha, I guess I never saw the scarlett letter on you:)! The story about your dad is so funny, I can totally picture him doing that (giggle outloud:)! When I get things back in order we will have to have YOU over for dinner. FYI, I have made those calzones once already and am making them again tomorrow....SUPER yummy, although I still need that recipe:0)!

aprilhoyt said...

so...what'd you cuss him over? I wish I could have seen that, because I'm sure he really needed it. I really missed you all too and felt really left out up here, waiting for emails and wondering what you all were doing and all that. He's such a dork, why the bathroom, couldn't he sleep in the waiting area? And did he have to pay extra to get there or just get bumped? How was everyone else there, was there another beat dad up session?

Tiffany said...

Ha I could picture your dad doing that to, that's pretty funny. Hey you need to take it easy on your dad he's propably pretty lost when it comes to raising grown daughters.