Friday, April 9, 2010

When Z Is Gone... I Must Entertain Myself!!!!!

So Zach is off with his dad again this weekend and I'm bored. So my awesome big brother brought me down some some metal sheets so I'm experimenting with them. I have this wall in my kitchen where I tape up stuff that's coming up either around town that I want to go to or for Z's school. This is what it looks like:


So I made a metal square to put there to hang things up by magnet instead of tape. I want to make a wooden frame for it but... hey - this is just experimenting. So for the immediate moment, it's cool enough! And at the very least looks better than how it did look!


So now what project do I take on?

4 comments:

Whitney and Michael said...

Have you gotten that wall paper down yet and re-painted the top part? That will always be a fun one to experiment with ;)

Heather said...

ya Whit, I actually did get the wallpaper down several months ago... sometime last year... need something else!!

aprilhoyt said...

It looks good!! Way to be! I can send you a picture of my last project...but it wasn't very hard. The longest part was letting the paint dry, but I love it! I made a lazy susan for the middle of my table and I put all our food for dinner on it and we spin it (slowly) to serve up...very handy! I have also wanted to make an old fashioned wash basin table so I can put a bowl/pitcher like mom had on it....some day!

allie askins said...

you should turn pants into shorts for me!
good to see you today, and will see you tomorrow!