Friday, April 30, 2010

Fantabulous

Ok, I hate to admit it but I think I’ve let the stress hit me. I think I need to stop listening to the news and let the world take care of itself for a while – not that I was really taking care of the world… just getting too involved in hearing about everything (usually negative) going on everywhere. I need to stop trying to figure out what my future is going to look like in every detail.

So instead of listing out for you all the things that are freaking me out with the intent of eliciting your pity or deep admiration for my way amazing not-gone-crazy-yet skills (cuz let’s face it… why else would I list it all out…?) I’m just going to tell you some of the many reasons my life is FANTABULOUS!

-I have the sweetest, cutest, smartest, greatest son in the whole wide world… it’s true – I’ve done research (sorry to everyone else there with sons… I understand if it’s hard for you to take…)

-I have a pretty swell fiancé who in 35 days (5 weeks) will be my husband and that I will be seeing tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday

-I have a baggie full of cereal to munch on all morning for breakfast
-I have milk in the fridge at work in case I don’t want to just munch on my bag of cereal but actually want a traditional, normal bowl of cereal – and a banana to slice into to make myself really cool!
-I have at least some cute clothes (aka – I don’t hate everything in my closet)
-My muscles are sore, which surely means they’re getting stronger
-My arms have gotten really super tan (tho I have to admit… it makes my legs/tummy look horribly pasty white)
-The jasmine in my backyard is blooming
-I get to take a mini-road trip this weekend with my son to take down to see his dad (who hopefully will be out of the hospital by then… it would be so much easier on my son to take if that were the case – cross your fingers!)
-I have new, cute, white shoes for my wedding -I have pro-fab family and friends who have offered to help out way more than ever anticipated with this, my second go at getting married
-I’m probably in the best shape physically than I’ve ever been in my life
-I can say the above while still having shared a slice of Ikea’s fabulous death-by-chocolate cake last night with above mentioned most awesomest-ever son

So even if I end up with some form of cancer or heart disease or any of those other things I’d like very much to prevent… it’s still pretty swell to be here now. And hey, we always have the eternities to not get sick, right?!

9 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

Haha!! So true! Isn't this life for joy?!
I have to ask, what is "pro-fab"? And you know that includes me as far as what do you need for your wedding?

love ya lots!!
April

Heather said...

Pro-fab is pro-fabulous... just shorter... it's an Aly Beste saying from back in the day... usually followed by a tiger "rarrr"

Ya, we would like you to be our sign language translator. We didn't get much figured out last weekend but hope to get it more figured out this weekend... I'll keep you posted and thanks so much for the willingness to help!!

teviawall said...

Ok, first. What is the actually day of your wedding? Risa and I would really like to come if the invite extends beyond siblings and parents.

Second, you could always try my tactic for blocking out the world. Get rid of cable and don't take the paper. HA! Works like a charm. I have no idea what is going on outside my little life. (well, mostly) I skim the big world headlines on my igoogle homepage and yahoo homepage, but other than that, I don't want to know what is happening locally right now. Come on, I blog about a fence being put up by my house!!! Obviously I am out of touch. But by choice and I kinda like it. :)

aprilhoyt said...

Oh and I have the best sons...sorry!

Whitney and Michael said...

I know a little of what you mean with trying not to be too worried about the world chaos, I am taking a science class that is all about "The American Epidemic" of people having rediculous health problems entirely from their eating and excersie habits, it is kinda sad and scary and makes me want to be better.
But besides the fact, way to be positive about what you have! And if you need any help with the wedding too, please let me know, it is looking like things will work out that I can make it! I could build you a cake or something ;) jk, but whatever, or however, I would love to help!

Heather said...

The wedding is June 4th - Tevia - I'll send you an email to get your address...!

Dahly Mama said...

Is this your way of saying that you are "casting to the wind" your propensity for over analyzing any and everything that happens in your life?????

You know I love you, right???? (just had to tease ya a bit!)

Heather said...

Abondon my over-analyzing???? that'd be like cutting off an arm!! I wouldn't go that far... but... it wouldn't hurt me to focus on the fun things going (which are many!) instead of... um... trying to figure out of all these earthquakes and volcanos and floods mean I do actually need to get a head start on that handcart..!?!

Alyhead said...

I really want to come to your wedding! I'm so happy for you and I can't believe how big Zack is getting!