Monday, April 12, 2010

Taxes


K so I’m an accountant so you’d think I’d’ve done my taxes months ago (last year, I did them in January.) I've even helped other people do theirs already. But not this year - not for me. Every four years, Z’s dad gets to claim him on his taxes. 2009 was the first time he’s been able to do that. Now, I did go in last year and adjustment my withholdings. But I was still really nervous about how it would all turn out.

When I started it out and uploaded my W-2’s, it said I owed… well… a buttload. I was horrified. But I worked through my adjustments and deductions… and well, just giving myself a pat on the back cuz I totally did it right! I am getting a modest refund – which is good cuz if you get to much, it’s a sign that you’re withholding too much… and basically loaning your money to the government interest free.

I think this is the longest I’ve ever waited to do my taxes but I’m just glad they’re done now and that I did them right. Next year will be a whole new adventure… going from being able to claim Z again, me, and now a husband and two step-daughters… can’t wait!




P.S. I know this is not the most interesting topic... but then again... I'm an accountant. At least I didn't post something about, you know, governmental accounting standards...!

4 comments:

allie askins said...

i love that you posted about taxes. I think it is hilarious.
and those are the cutest pictures ever!
you two are the cutest couple.
...."there is still hope for paula!"

... i can't believe that....

aprilhoyt said...

It was actually a very interesting post! Even if it was about the dreaded taxes! Good job doing it right and on time!!

Whitney and Michael said...

It is pretty funny that posted on taxes, we did ours a while ago, but the really annoying stuff I am having with it right now, is that dad is still trying to claim me even though I already claimed myself, Dad never calls to catch up or see how we're doing, but when taxes come around, he is always calling! Fun stuff...

Heather said...

haha Whit - that made me laugh out loud! N then I had to tell my co-worker... good times!