Thursday, October 2, 2008

Today Is a Gift... That’s Why It’s Called the Present

If I knew that day on which I would die, I think my life would be spent preparing for that… making sure my son’s future would be taken care of, planning for the future, getting it all figured out.

But since I don’t know and lets face it… it could be tonight in my sleep or tomorrow or well whenever.

Something I need to remember a little more frequently.

So I need to figure out some new fun adventures to go on.

I have some frequently flyer miles that I need to use. I was thinking about jetting out to Alaska. New York would usually be my first choice but I will be in DC next March... which is not NY but kinda close so maybe I should try somewhere I haven't been yet.

I'm going back to Tucson later this month for my first visit back since I left and I can't wait to see my friends.

I'm going to find a weekend and take my son to the Phx Zoo.

I need to start some kind of classes again because when I'm not picking up new things I start to go a little nutty. I need my mind to over analyze school stuff instead of other stuff.

I'm going to do a 5K in December. Which isn't that big of a deal since it's only three miles but it's good for me to get out there and do something period.

This weekend I'm hoping to get my tile put down. I've always wanted to learn how to do it so there's no time like the present!

I think I've decided what I want to hang on one of my walls but don't have the foggiest as to where to find it so maybe I'll take a shot at creating it myself.

I gotta find more to do to keep life interesting and make sure I'm keeping my mind and body active.

And really wanna make sure that I keep peace with myself so that I can stay at peace with others too. I learned from a close friend in Tucson that our moral code is something we develop for ourselves and I know I have to live to my moral code. There are positive things all over in life to which I can turn to use as guideposts but the ultimate truths and reality in my world are shaped by my experiences and past. Which means that my life will always be uniquely mine. But even if no one ever fully understands me or sees my points or takes my side, it doesn't matter because I know that there are people in my life who do love me no matter what.

Life really is a gift and I'm grateful to be alive.

5 comments:

Jensen Family said...

I have been thinking about a lot of the stuff you said lately. A lady that is really close to Daniels family was just told she only has 6months to live. So those kind of thoughts have been in my head a lot! Good for you to want to keep busy and you could always take a trip to Co!!!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

You inspire me, I don't make the most of the present.....I may need your help in working my sewing machine. Yes....I still haven't touched it, got it out of the closet and the feelings are getting stronger. I am too intimidated though!

aprilhoyt said...

You are such a deep thinker!! Good job!! and I am totally running that 5k with you! and good luck on the tile! It'll be fun!! I've done it twice :D piece of cake!!

aprilhoyt said...

how'd your tile go??

aprilhoyt said...

how'd your tile go??