My cousin, who is about 5 months along in her pregnancy, recently experienced complications and was hospitalized with the possibility of losing this unborn child hanging over her head. This is scary time for her and everyone that loves her and this new baby. I worry about her a lot and the things she’s going to have to face. She will have challenges if the baby lives because he will most likely come early and will face problems associated with his preterm birth. She will have challenges if the baby does not make it and she has to deal with the loss.
While I am really worried about and what will ultimately happen in the near future, I did have the following thought while watching her with her husband the past two nights at the hospital:
My cousin will be ok because her and her husband love each other. The road ahead of them, regardless of which way it leads, will be one they travel together. I can see the uncertainty in both of their faces but I also watch as her husband instinctively reaches for her hand whenever they are in the same room or how she visible relaxes when he comes in. It is beautiful to see love written visibly across two visages, to see a love that transcends the physical, overcomes individual pain, and links two people in a supporting embrace.
So even though I don’t know what will happen, I know it will be ok.
13 years ago
3 comments:
Heather, are you talking about Ashley? I hope she's gonna be ok. Let me know how everything goes, and tell her we're praying for her!
Yes it is Ashley. I'll let her know. Thanks
wow, you sure know how to bring tears to a girls eyes. thanks for that knowledge about them, let ash know that we got her parents email and we're thinking of her and praying for her here. Love ya!
Post a Comment