Blossom where you are planted. A flower, even in the desert, can bring beauty to all who see.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Need Ideas
It's time to start thinking about Christmas. I work with the children in my church and we're trying to come up with something we can give all the kids. It needs to be inexpensive and easy. Do you have any ideas?
wedgies. easy, inexpensive and fun for the giver. :)
when I was in primary we did bookmarks from the bookstore that had to do with the theme for the year and tied on a small bag of goodies.
you could let them make a small ornament. (we had the stuff all organized so they only had to glue it together etc...) You do the assembly one sunday, then let them have them before christmas. Or you could just make the ornaments yourself then give them to the kids.
You could do a sharing time where it is all singing and let the kids pick all of the songs and lead the songs etc... then after give them a bag of candy. (all kids love candy). You could tell them it is your gift to them.
that is all i can come up with right now. I am not a thinker...
you could do something with vinyl since russ has that cutter. Our kids got a tile (like floor tile) with the words "I am a child of god" and a stick figure boy for boys and girl for girls in vinyl on it.
Or you're handy with wood, so you could make some wood blocks and vinyl or paint their names on it...
Our chorister for primary did little stockings with little doodads that represented certain things. Like...candy cane and shepheards staff. I thought it was pretty cool but I'm not sure how expensive it was.
3 comments:
wedgies. easy, inexpensive and fun for the giver. :)
when I was in primary we did bookmarks from the bookstore that had to do with the theme for the year and tied on a small bag of goodies.
you could let them make a small ornament. (we had the stuff all organized so they only had to glue it together etc...) You do the assembly one sunday, then let them have them before christmas. Or you could just make the ornaments yourself then give them to the kids.
You could do a sharing time where it is all singing and let the kids pick all of the songs and lead the songs etc... then after give them a bag of candy. (all kids love candy). You could tell them it is your gift to them.
that is all i can come up with right now. I am not a thinker...
haha...wedgies!! love it!
you could do something with vinyl since russ has that cutter. Our kids got a tile (like floor tile) with the words "I am a child of god" and a stick figure boy for boys and girl for girls in vinyl on it.
Or you're handy with wood, so you could make some wood blocks and vinyl or paint their names on it...
sounds like fun! Good luck!
Our chorister for primary did little stockings with little doodads that represented certain things. Like...candy cane and shepheards staff. I thought it was pretty cool but I'm not sure how expensive it was.
Post a Comment