Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vacation

I'm tired and worn out. I'm fighting an uphill battle against a man who, if he were to just be a decent person and stop trying to bully his way to everything he wants, would find he could end up with a lot more.

I just got weaseled out of getting time with my son on his Fall break. One whole week and I don't get a minute of it. So fine. A week where I can't be with my son; I've already taken the vacation time at work... I'm going on vacation. One where I wish my son would be with me but since he can't be, I'm going to enjoy myself like crazy. Fly into DC, jump over to PA, do a day trip to NY, stop by MD and back to DC to go home... maybe hit up another state or two while I'm at it cuz, hey why not.

I'm lucky to have friends that are willing to let me crash their couches. I LOVE the east coast and would live there if I could. But since I can't... at least not right now, I get to enjoy it short spurts. Not gonna ruin my fall break.

5 comments:

heatherhite said...

Oh, not just a couch-we have a blow-up bed with your name on it! By the way, how do you feel about cats? Because I have one, and I can't guarantee that he won't try to come get in bed with you...

Heather said...

haha I'll take a blow up bed! This is so high class! I'm ok with cats... i'm used a 5 year old trying to climb into my bed and he kicks

Whitney and Michael said...

That's awesome Heather! I hope you have an awesome time! Can't wait to see pics on it!!

heatherhite said...

Pippin doesn't kick, he just pounces on you in the middle of the night...before he cuddles.

aprilhoyt said...

haha! Heather...my dog was Pippin!! good name!
I'm so jealous Sister of mine! Have fun and take lots of pics!