Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year Work Out

For Christmas this year, Z got a power wheels jeep from Santa. He loves it and wants to ride it all the time. Which is great because I would like to get into shape a bit this year. So we got home last night from school/work and after a quick dinner, we took the jeep out. Now when it’s fully charged it’s supposed to go 5 MPH – that’s a 12 minute mile. I don’t think it was going quite that fast but I was jogging to keep up with him. We went for 30 minutes. Wow! It was really good for me but man, I am out of shape!!

So then we went to the library. We were going to go to this story time but there were a million people there and the line was out the door. So we checked out a few things and went home. I told Z he could watch 20 minutes of the movie he got at the library but only if he watched my movie with me first. It was a Pilates movie!! It was so fun! He tried so hard for the first 10-15 minutes to follow the lady but then got bored so was kicking me. Anyway it was really fun and I think this year Z will help me be more active and get in shape this year!

3 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

yay for kids keeping us going!! That sounds like fun, it's a good thing you don't have snow to slow you down on your workout!! hahaha

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Good job on the jog! Anytime you want to walk/jog Freestone, I'd go with you:)!

aprilhoyt said...

awwwww, thanks for the ageless comment!!! Love ya!!