Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Thoughts (Some That I Borrowed, One That I Made Up)

On Flying:

"All it requires is simply the ability to throw yourself forward with all your weight, and the willingness not to mind that it's going to hurt … if you fail to miss the ground. Most people fail to miss the ground, and if they are really trying properly, the likelihood is that they will fail to miss it fairly hard" (Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.)



On Relationships:

“I figure the best chance for a good night's sleep comes by ending the day as comfortably as you can. With nothing on your chest, no stress you're keeping secret. I figure you'd better be lying down next to a person you can tell your weirdest dreams, your darkest thoughts, your fruitiest feelings, your very worst fears. For me, that's Emily. And that's what keeps me hooked. That, and she lets me touch her boobs.” --Dave Bry, 37, in love for nine years

It’s always nice to thank someone even if you’ve had to pull teeth to get what it is you were after. Reward and positively reinforce positive behavior. Ignore negative behavior (Me.)



On Living Life:

“You can't get what you want in life until you know what it is you want. And, you'll have a hard time knowing what you want, if you are not clear about what your values are. You see, if I were to ask you what you really want, what I'm actually asking is, ‘What do you value?’” (some email I regularly get.)

2 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

Very deep! And the second one is SO true, real life love scenes... sometimes the regular stuff would be nice not to have to do!

and I replied to you on my blog!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Love them ALL! Especially the last one:)!