Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Toughest Kid I Know

I've discovered that my son is quite the athlete. He's done will in sports at school and so I started signing him up for sports through the community. This winter we did football through an NFL program so he was on the Saint's team.


What I find so interesting and cool though is that he is really, really good. I don't know where he gets it from cuz I'm so not athletic. But it was kind of funny because I was really frustrated after the first talk with the coach because I had to tell him that Z would be missing about half the games and he pretty much told me that Z would never play in any good positions because they couldn't count on him. Then he watched him play. And he changed his mind. Today, the coach told me that Z was the best player on his team.



I feel so proud of him and want to keep pushing him in healthy directions. Our next sport will be t-ball and I'm sure he'll do well at that to.

At the game on Saturday, Z had a big personal audience with friends and family and he did so well. He pulled the most flags and would have kept the other team from scoring at all but I swear one of the other kids had super glued his flag in. Z got dragged half way down the field hanging onto his flag and it never popped free. And Z scored the final touchdown for our team. He told me it was the best day of his life. I was so glad to be a part of it.

The part that really makes him tough though is that the tournament is this week. And he has to miss it. Because his dad is trying to make some point about his time vs. my time and how he refuses to support the things I do with Z. It sucks. Being a parent of a kid with divorced parents sucks. I just think it might be out of my reach to provide him with a normal life. So I'll just do my dangest to provide him with a great life.

So I was thinking... any other parents out there in the Gilbert area who either have to drop off their kids every other weekend or who want their weekends free that would be interested in joining up with me and starting a week day only league? Wouldn't that be cool!!!

2 comments:

Dessi said...

I'd like to just say that you might not have played sports in HS but you would have been athletic if you would have wanted to. You are pretty much the toughest girl I know. I remember a few bruises...okay a lot...that were your badges of toughness. All I have to say those mommas boys better watch out when they put pads on that boy and let him tackle!

Whitney and Michael said...

Ditto with Dessi- you are a super toughy- and there were many a times I was super scared of you growing up because of how strong and tough you are(and maybe even recently, like that time you and april pinned me down and tickle toruchered me at brian's house)- Zach having a momma like you, he is bound to do so good in sports, and it is pretty awesome that he enjoys it, it will be an great healthy start on his life! And poopy on N for not showing more interest in Zach's awesome athleticness!