Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vent

(Haha - get it... vent... hehe!!)

I just got an email from my ex telling me he’s going to take my son for all of spring break. It’s not really a surprise because he did the same thing to me over fall break. And it means I don’t have to work out arrangements with Tia Rhea to make sure he’s taken care of during that week since I have to work… but dangit all… I hate thinking about a week away from him. I know I can get things done and do more at work… but I probably won’t. I’m sure he’ll have fun and not even miss me with all the stuff his dad usually plans… but I’ll miss him. I’m glad his dad wants to be in his life but I hate sharing him. I’m like a selfish kid with a toy… I want him here all the time… even when I’m in crazy-stressed-mom zone. For fall break, I took off to the east coast to keep myself occupied. Can’t take off work to do that kind of thing this time… so what do I do with myself?

Good start would probably stop feeling sorry for myself and find positive ways to take advantage of the time I will have to get things done. And hey… at least he gave me some notice this time! I’m pretty lucky to have such a wonderful boy. At least I miss him and don’t wish he were gone more!

Guess I’ll have to start putting together a sweet care package for him… maybe I’ll send flarp and play-dough and all the gross sticky stuff his dad occasionally sends him here so he’ll see how messy and gross it is and stop sending it to my house… cuz that stuff is gross. And cheap! :P

Oh well... guess I’ll be ok… just wanted to be sad for a minute. Guess my minute’s up.

9 comments:

Jamie Sue said...

Try Moon Sand...that's nice and messy! :D

aprilhoyt said...

haha Jamie! you could also send him with a week supply of gum...I find that in nice places oh and silly putty sticks nicely to carpet and clothes and blankets....Tamar's teacher keeps sending it home as a reward.
That's too bad that he'll be gone for a week though...good luck!

Andrea N' Mike said...

Hey, I was gonna say gum too! That stuff gets everywhere! And get the super bubble kind, can he blow bubbles? Cuz that would be extra messy! :) hehe

Whitney and Michael said...

You could make oob-lac with him!! That is super messy! of maybe make it without him so you wont have to worry about the mess, and can put it in a bag and send it his way. It is pretty much corn starch and water, super fun to feel with your hands, but can be super messy!! We use it sometimes in preschool (sure love those clean up days!) But I am sorry about you'll missing him, you could come visit us in Idaho, and do your work from here, we have internet!! ;) and a good heater!!

Keri said...

I vote silly putty! We still haven't gotten that stuff out of the carpet and Kenzie's coat! I don't know why we thought it would be a good idea to bring to church....

Heather said...

Good ideas everyone!!! Thanks!! He'll get one cool care package!!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Ooo-oo, I got one, that pink stuff that comes out of the tube and you make bubbles with a long skinny straw! Have no clue the name because the ONE time I had it, it got stuck to our wall and NEVER came off and I was never allowed it again:)! Good luck Heather, I'm always here if you want/need it!

Dessi said...

Is that your vent?

Heather said...

haha no that's not my vent! after i posted it i realized there was gross stuff down there... I don't think phx does floor vents... all mine are on the walls