So I dropped Z off last night to hang out with his dad for the weekend and I was sitting at home watching another season of Project Runway and i was getting kinda bored with it (shocker - I know!) so lemme tell you what I did.

Months ago I bought a flat sheet at Goodwill. This isn't that sheet but it's the same print... this one actually goes on Z's bed although since I just washed it, he's been using it as a makeshift tent.
I've posted this picture before but I took that flat sheet and I made curtains for Z's room from them:
It was too long so I had cut off about a foot off the end. Since I have the material collecting disease, I kept the scraps and last night... I made these:

He won't wear jeans anymore because he can't run fast in them so I'm trying to make him enough pairs of shorts that he's good for the summer. After he gets home and I get the elastic in set to his waist, I'll post a pic of him in them!! Here's a picture of him in the fire/dragon shorts I made for him last week (and just so you know - he chose the shirt and I couldn't talk him out of it in favor of something a little more matching):
He won't wear jeans anymore because he can't run fast in them so I'm trying to make him enough pairs of shorts that he's good for the summer. After he gets home and I get the elastic in set to his waist, I'll post a pic of him in them!! Here's a picture of him in the fire/dragon shorts I made for him last week (and just so you know - he chose the shirt and I couldn't talk him out of it in favor of something a little more matching):

For kicks - here's the cake we made for my dad's b'day on Sunday! Happy Heinz 57!!
Finally, Z was really excited to see his new cousin this weekend (and hang out with the not so new ones!) and everytime I held the baby, he wanted to hold the baby. What a gem!



4 comments:
Too cute! I love his shorts! Kate would love for me to make her spiderman shorts! She is such a tom boy! :) Mia loves the skirts and dresses that I make her! Little princess! :) Kida are awesome!
Good job on the shorts! Z has the coolest room!
You know, he gets cuter and cuter! I love that you make him shorts all the time. He's a very opinionated little boy isn't he? I love it!
awesome shorts!!! nice job!
Post a Comment