We got up late (thank goodness for that! My son is 4 and he is FINALLY!!! starting to learn the art of sleeping in!!) and goofed off at home. We got dressed and took Z’s jeep out for a ride.
We were about a third of the way around the neighborhood when I suddenly realized that I didn’t have to exert myself nearly as much as I did the first time he rode it. The jeep goes 5 mph (about a 12 minute mile.) For a few minutes, I entertained myself with the idea that between the walking I did yesterday and the walk this morning, I was really starting to build up my stamina fast!!
Ok who’m I kidding? I knew the battery starting to lose some life. I had a sudden flash in my mind of pushing the jeep half way around the neighborhood (which is about a mile around the full circle) While I think Zach would still enjoy it, I thought I might not. So I convinced him to turn back around and head home. After performing an 8 point turn, and running over my foot a time or two, we made it back home.

While waiting in line there was a single father there hitting on me (I'm guessing he was a single father... I never did get to do the ring check and I so much prefer that thought to a married guy hitting on me.) He was taking his two boys out for an adventure too. We were in line waiting to get on the bus, kinda talking to this guy. Just then an empty bus pulled in and Zach deftly pushed his way in and saved us two seats in the back (see... old hat) and by the time I get settled into my seat with the stroller, single guy is out of sight. Which is ok because then I can tuck him away in my mind with a nothing more than a smirk.

And since he got to pick how it was painted... it should come as no suprise to those that know him... he picked Spiderman:

Well the plane did about as good as Z's jeep. It needed some more battery and charger time. So while it was short lived, it was still fun and I was really glad that it worked out for us to do it because Z has been walking around since Christmas saying that Tio T said he was going to let Z try to fly it. I appreciate that he got in some male bonding time!
At that point, we got dropped off with the jeep at home and got the thing plugged in to get ready for a different day. We watched a movie from Uncle B's collection (which he left here at my house from last weekend - although I think he may have taken my remote control as advance ransom because I have not seen that thing since he left... hmm) It was nice to take a chill pill and relax. Then we made one more attempt to share the joy of the tat with the family. Z did get to show it G'ma and G'pa so that was good at least. But then we decided to go out to eat. I didn't want to do McD's or anything like that so we started heading towards Phoenix with the intent of finding something new and exciting on the way.
So that's kind of an interesting conundrum I haven't gotten used to yet living here. It is pretty much impossible to find something "on the way" when you take the freeway. Sheesh. But we were headed to the Zoo lights and at some point on the freeways (which are so wonderful!!) I just accepted the inevitable and agreed with myself to pick something up at the zoo.
The zoo was fun. We got food first, although Z would've settled for either a ride on the "endagered animal" (no seriously - it's actually called that) carousel or a flashing strobe light sword/bracelet/necklace.... We got pizza and a cheeseburger (I'm trying to increase both my iron levels and how much protein I'm getting on a regular basis - I got the cheeseburger)
Ok two bites into the pizza (and I so predicted this... I just didn't act on it earlier) Z had to go REAAAALLLLLYY bad. So we packed up the food onto the stroller (sooooooo glad I brought it!!) and headed to the banos. Of course there was a line as long as the one at the train station for the women's and nothing at the guys. So in a moment that was a little sad, a little scary, and a little desperate... I sent Z into the men's room alone. And when he came out with wet sleeves, I was so proud!! And I got like a totally evil/jealous glare from a lady standing in the women's line that pretty much looked like she hadn't moved in the time Z went in and out.
After that incident, we just kinda strolled around. Well, I strolled, Z sat in the stroller. It was great. They had this one section where they had lights on the trees pretty close together and they timed them to music and it was a lot of fun. Of course taking pictures of lights is never very productive so here's one to give you an idea (of either the cool lights or my bad photography... both are acurate)

After a few more terrible shots, my camera couldn't take it anymore and simply passed out. It's home now being charged like everything else electronic in my life.
We stayed a bit longer (with a small detour at the elephant pit that smelled bad and provided no visiual gratification) and then decided to call it a night. It was really cool! We made it back to the car and Z asked where we were headed next. I told him it was off to bed and he assured me he wasn't tired at all. So I agreed that we could watch another movie from Uncle B's stash when we got home. We spent most of the drive telling stories about how we were going to hide that movie stash and only give it back if a certain uncle started crying (take note Uncle B!) We were about a mile from home (on our about twenty mile trip) when Z just totally zonked. I even trying hollaring his name and got nothing. So here I sit, watching a movie from the stash alone, with a zombied out, wonderful, cute, open-mouthed angel sitting next to me.

And I was thinking. You know, life usually doesn't turn out the way it's "supposed" to or anything like that. But this, this life I have is pretty wonderful.







3 comments:
Looks like an exciting and fun adventure! What a cute kid Z is!
Okay, I'm tired just reading the entry. What a busy but amazing day!
Sounds like a fun day!
Post a Comment